The Facts about Beauty and the Beast Disney Movie
- God Desires To Bless You Infinitely More Than You Can Imagine – The Blazing Center
- Survey Reveals Many Evangelicals Are Confused About Adultery
- How Do Churches Unintentionally Undermine Biblical Teaching on Singleness?
- Why the Lord’s Prayer Is So Offensive
- “Left to themselves, they are confused. They don’t know what to do, or how to act or respond. Thus, they inquire of the Lord, and seek specific answers about pressing issues from his Word. Under the old covenant, the Lord ordained prophets and priests from whom his people could obtain special direction about important issues and decisions. For example, when Joshua neglected to seek such counsel from God, he erred respecting the Gibeonites. 37 Conversely, Israel sought God’s counsel about continuing the battle with the Benjaminites, and prevailed. 38 However, when Christians face difficult issues and come to inquire of God, we do not have living prophets or special priests to give us direct revelation about the topic, question, or decision facing us. Where then do we turn? We turn to the “ whole counsel of God ” revealed in Scripture. It is sufficient to guide us through every crisis of faith or duty.” from “Lectures in Systematic Theology: Doctrine of God” by Greg Nichols